Articles Tagged supercommittee
Here are the results from the second week of the POPVOX Super Committee Hub.
The following graphs reflect those who weighed in from midnight on October 31st (spooky) until Midnight November 6.
All positions have been sent to the individual's Member of Congress and Senators. The aggregated chart, with links to full comments is being sent to Members of the Super Committee and their staff.
As you can see:
- The proposal that provoked the most activity this week (second week in a row) was the Millionaire's Tax, proposed by the Ways and Means Committee Minority, with 378 weighing in: 64% support; 36% oppose.
- The second most active was the elimination of tax preferences for oil and gas: of 358 weighing in, 77% support elimination of the preferences, while 23% oppose.
- At 95% supporting, the elimination of commodity crop subsidies was the most popular (by percent) proposal on the list (food the second week in a row.)
- The second most popular proposal by percent (also two weeks running) was reducing spending on non-DoD federal service contractors by 15 Percent, with 90% supporting (down 2% from last week.)
The proposals with the least support by percent remained constant in week 2:
- Raising Medicare premiums was the least popular, with 79% opposing (up from 75% opposing last week.)
- Increasing TRICARE drug co-pays again were the second least popular proposal, with 66% opposing (from 63% opposing last week.)
Charts of overall totals below.
The proposals will remain on the list and individuals can continue to weigh in.
Ten new proposals were added. Weigh in and let Congress know what you think!
- Reinstate the SuperFund Tax
- Make $.02% unemployment tax permanent
- Tort Reform
- Raising Medicare cost-sharing
- Reducing post-acute care payments
- Raising Medicare eligibility age from 65 to 67
- Increasing aviation and security fees
- Withdrawal of 20,000 troops from Europe
- Disposal of Excess Federal Lands Act
- Fairness in Taxation Act
They've Got Your Backers in Entrepreneur Magazine
(For media inquiries, please contact Marci Harris, POPVOX’s CEO, at email@example.com.)
- What to Watch in Congress - Week of May 26
- Issue Spotlight: Sexual Assault in the Military
- Unique Memorial Day Flag Etiquette (Half staff until noon)
- The POPVOX Top 20: May 17 - 23
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 22, 2013
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 21, 2013
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 20, 2013
- The Week Ahead: May 20 - 25
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 17, 2013
- What to Watch in Congress - Week of May 19