Articles Tagged smoking,
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, American consumers spent approximately $90 billion on tobacco products in 2006 and currently, almost 20% of American adults smoke cigarettes. We wanted to highlight a variety of bills related to smoking and tobacco. The POPVOX team hopes you'll take the opportunity to weigh in on these bills on POPVOX and share with your friends and networks.
Issue Spotlight: Tobacco and Smoking
- HR 3382 The Smoke-Free Federal Buildings Act prohibits smoking in and around Federal buildings.
- HR 1639 The Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Job Preservation Act (and S 1461) amends the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to clarify the Food and Drug Administration's jurisdiction over certain tobacco products, and to protect jobs and small businesses involved in the sale, manufacturing and distribution of traditional and premium cigars.
- S 1403 Saving Lives by Lowering Tobacco Use Act (IDEA Full Funding Act) amends part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act to provide full Federal funding of such part.
- HR 65 The Candy Tobacco Tax Parity Act amends the tax code to provide for the taxation of smokeless tobacco products sold as discrete single-use units.
- HR 4134 HR 4134 amends the tax code to clarify that any person who, for a commercial purpose, makes available for consumer use a machine capable of producing tobacco products, is a manufacturer of tobacco products.
- HR 3186 The Smuggled Tobacco Prevention Act (and S 1706) amends the tax code of 1986 to reduce tobacco smuggling.
Please keep in mind that highlighting a bill doesn't imply a POPVOX endorsement in any way. Rather, we're simply trying to offer one more way to stay informed of an overwhelmingly complex legislative system.
They've Got Your Backers in Entrepreneur Magazine
(For media inquiries, please contact Marci Harris, POPVOX’s CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- The POPVOX Top 20: May 17 - 23
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 22, 2013
- Issue Spotlight: Sexual Assault in the Military
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 21, 2013
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 20, 2013
- The Week Ahead: May 20 - 25
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 17, 2013
- What to Watch in Congress - Week of May 19
- The POPVOX Top 20: May 10 - 16
- Issue Spotlight: Firearms and Gun Control