Articles Tagged Second-Amendment
We wanted to highlight bills related to the Second Amendment, guns and firearms. We hope you'll weigh in on these bills and share them with your friends and networks using our new share tools on the bottom of each bill page!
Issue Spotlight: Firearms
- HR 4089 The Sportsmen’s Heritage Act protects and enhances opportunities for recreational hunting, fishing and shooting. (Just introduced.)
- HR 3814 Prohibiting the Justice Dept. from tracking and cataloguing the purchases of multiple rifles and shotguns (and S 570).
- S 1973 The Gun Trafficking Prevention Act makes it illegal to traffic or assist in the trafficking of a firearm, including straw-purchasers who buy a gun for someone else (according to the bill sponsor).
- HR 3594 The Second Amendment Protection Act expresses the sense of the Congress that the U.S. should not adopt any treaty that poses a threat to the right to keep and bear arms -- and to withhold funding from the United Nations if it restricts or infringes upon the rights of U.S. individuals to keep and bear arms.
- S 2066 The Recreational Fishing and Hunting Heritage and Opportunities Act recognizes the heritage of recreational fishing, hunting, and shooting on Federal public land and ensure continued opportunities for those activities.
- HR 822 The National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act provides a national standard in accordance with which nonresidents of a State may carry concealed firearms in the State. (Passed House on Nov. 16, 2011 and goes to the Senate next for consideration.)
- HR 308 The Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act prohibits the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices.
- HR 645 The Second Amendment Enforcement Act restores Second Amendment rights in the District of Columbia.
- HR 2615 The Second Amendment Protection Act restores the second amendment rights of all Americans.
- HR 2613 The Citizens Protection Act repeals the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 and amendments to that Act.
- S 35 The Gun Show Background Check Act establishes background check procedures for gun shows.
Please keep in mind that highlighting a bill doesn't imply a POPVOX endorsement in any way. Rather, we're simply trying to offer one more way to stay informed of an overwhelmingly complex legislative system.
They've Got Your Backers in Entrepreneur Magazine
(For media inquiries, please contact Marci Harris, POPVOX’s CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 22, 2013
- Issue Spotlight: Sexual Assault in the Military
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 21, 2013
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 20, 2013
- The Week Ahead: May 20 - 25
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 17, 2013
- What to Watch in Congress - Week of May 19
- The POPVOX Top 20: May 10 - 16
- Issue Spotlight: Firearms and Gun Control
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 16, 2013