Articles Tagged National-Guard
We pulled together a list of bills related to the National Guard to mark the Guard's 375th birthday, which was celebrated this week. (The origin of the nation's state National Guard organizations sprang from the forming of militia in the Massachusetts Bay Colony in the early 17th century, according to the DOD.) On behalf of the POPVOX team, I'd like to extend a special thank you to those serving in the National Guard.
On the 375th Birthday of the National Guard
- S 1839 National Guard & Reserve Soft Landing Reintegration Act provides for the retention of members of the reserve components on active duty for a period of 45 days following an extended deployment in contingency operations or homeland defense missions to support their reintegration into civilian life.
- S 1579 National Guard Basic Allowance for Housing Equity Act provides that the basic allowance for housing in effect for a member of the National Guard is not reduced when the member transitions between active duty and full-time National Guard duty without a break in active service.
- S 491 Honor America's Guard-Reserve Retirees Act (and HR 1025) recognizes the service in the reserve components of the Armed Forces of certain persons by honoring them with status as veterans under law.
- HR 1169 National Guard Technician Equity Act eliminates inequities in the treatment of National Guard technicians; reduces the eligibility age for retirement for non-Regular service.
- S 1025 National Guard Empowerment and State-National Defense Integration Act enhances the national defense through empowerment of the National Guard, enhancement of the functions of the National Guard Bureau, and improvement of Federal-State military coordination in domestic emergency response.
- HR 1197 National Guard Retention & College Access Act encourages the enlistment and retention of persons in the D.C. National Guard by providing financial assistance to enable members of the D.C. National Guard to attend undergraduate, vocational, or technical courses.
Please keep in mind that highlighting a bill doesn't imply a POPVOX endorsement in any way. Rather, we're simply trying to offer one more way to stay informed of an overwhelmingly complex legislative system.
They've Got Your Backers in Entrepreneur Magazine
(For media inquiries, please contact Marci Harris, POPVOX’s CEO, at email@example.com.)
- The POPVOX Top 20: May 17 - 23
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 22, 2013
- Issue Spotlight: Sexual Assault in the Military
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 21, 2013
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 20, 2013
- The Week Ahead: May 20 - 25
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 17, 2013
- What to Watch in Congress - Week of May 19
- The POPVOX Top 20: May 10 - 16
- Issue Spotlight: Firearms and Gun Control