Articles Tagged milk
Today, June 1, is World Milk Day! The POPVOX team is taking this opportunity to spotlight bills related to milk and the dairy industry. We hope you weigh in, and share this list with your friends, networks or milk drinkers!
Issue Spotlight: Milk
- HR 1830 authorizes the interstate traffic of unpasteurized milk and milk products that are packaged for direct human consumption (and S 1955).
- S 458 The Milk Quality Standards Act establishes and enforces a maximum somatic cell count requirement for fluid milk.
- HR 3372 The Dairy Pricing Deregulation Act deregulates the Federal milk marketing order program and publishes competitive milk price survey data.
- S 1714 The Dairy Producer Income Protection Act extends the milk income loss contract program and requires the Secretary of Agriculture to conduct hearings to assess the implications of transitioning Federal milk marketing orders from end-product pricing to a competitive pay pricing system.
- S 1640 The Federal Milk Marketing Improvement Act requires the Secretary of Agriculture to determine the price of all milk used for manufactured purposes, which shall be classified as Class II milk, by using the national average cost of production.
- S 1682 The Dairy Advancement Act promotes growth and opportunity for the dairy industry in the US.
- HR 3062 The Dairy Security Act establishes a program for dairy producers under which producers can offset reductions in producer income when the margin between milk prices and feed costs is less than a specified amount and establishes a dairy market stabilization program for producers participating in the margin protection program.
- S 457 The Democracy for Dairy Producers Act allows modified bloc voting by cooperative associations of milk producers in connection with a referendum on Federal milk marketing order reform.
- HRes 153 expresses the sense of the House of Representatives regarding the school breakfast program (and SRes 98).
Please keep in mind that highlighting a bill doesn't imply a POPVOX endorsement in any way. Rather, we're simply trying to offer one more way to stay informed of an overwhelmingly complex legislative system.
(For media inquiries, please contact Marci Harris, POPVOX’s CEO, at email@example.com.)
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 21, 2013
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 20, 2013
- The Week Ahead: May 20 - 25
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 17, 2013
- What to Watch in Congress - Week of May 19
- The POPVOX Top 20: May 10 - 16
- Issue Spotlight: Firearms and Gun Control
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 16, 2013
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 15, 2013
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 14, 2013