Articles Tagged JOBS-Act
According to the House Majority Leader, "the JOBS (Jumpstart Our Business Startups) Act is a legislative package designed to jumpstart our economy and restore opportunities for America’s primary job creators: our small businesses, startups and entrepreneurs." We hope you'll weigh in on these bills and share them with your friends and networks using our new share tools on the bottom of each bill page!
Issue Spotlight: the JOBS Act
- HR 3606 The Reopening American Capital Markets to Emerging Growth Companies Act increases American job creation and economic growth by improving access to the public capital markets for emerging growth companies.
- HR 2940 The Access to Capital for Job Creators Act directs the Securities and Exchange Commission to eliminate the prohibition against general solicitation as a requirement for a certain exemption under Regulation D. (Passed in the House on November 3, 2011 and goes to the Senate next for consideration.)
- HR 2930 The Entrepreneur Access to Capital Act amends the securities laws to provide for registration exemptions for certain crowdfunded securities. (Passed in the House on November 3, 2011 and goes to the Senate next for consideration.)
- HR 1070 The Small Company Capital Formation Act amends the Securities Act of 1933 to require the Securities and Exchange Commission to exempt a certain class of securities from such Act. (Passed in the House on November 2, 2011 and goes to the Senate next for consideration.)
- HR 2167 The Private Company Flexibility and Growth Act amends the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 to change the threshold number of shareholders for required registration under that Act.
- HR 4088 The Capital Expansion Act amends the securities laws to establish certain thresholds for shareholder registration.(Senate version is S 1941.)
Proving that you can never say never when it comes to Congress:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has introduced the President's American Jobs Act in the Senate as S. 1549 . All comments that were received on POPVOX for the President's draft bill have now been transferred to the bill report for S. 1549; and the messages have been sent to the Senate.
We hope you will weigh in, share the link, and tell Congress what YOU think about the bill.
SEPTEMBER 13, 2011, WASHINGTON, DC― POPVOX, the award-winning transparent online platform for advocacy on bills in Congress, now makes it possible to weigh in on the President's proposed American Jobs Act with a message to Congress.
POPVOX CEO and former Congressional staffer, Marci Harris, wrote: “[T]he proposed legislation starts a conversation: the analysis of each element will all affect the structure of whatever eventually is introduced by Congress.” Harris continued, “If there are things that you like about the American Jobs Act, shout it from the rooftops. And if there are things that you don’t like, let Congress know.”
Anyone can visit the proposed bill’s action page on POPVOX to see information about the proposed bill, including the text, summary, and section-by-section analysis released by the White House, and statements in support or opposition by organizations that have taken a position. These include: Bio, National Education Association, National League of Cities, National Organization for Women.
Any advocacy organization can create a profile on POPVOX and upload a position supporting or opposing the proposed legislation. In addition, anyone with a website can embed a free “widget” to send their users to tell Congress what they think about the American Jobs Act.
Individuals choose to “support” or “oppose” proposals on POPVOX, and write comments that are delivered to Congress. Since the tool is powered by POPVOX, constituent information is verified for Congressional offices and messages are aggregated publicly on POPVOX.com to show quantified grassroots power. Individuals can track delivery of their message to their legislators’ offices, share their comments on Facebook and Twitter, and invite friends to weigh in.
POPVOX is a neutral, nonpartisan advocacy platform that meshes legislative data with individuals’ personal stories and sentiment. POPVOX delivers public input to Congress in a format tailored to actionable policy decisions and empowers users to leverage their expertise and numbers. POPVOX provides a legislative dashboard for Congress and government aﬀairs professionals with bill status information, customized tracking, bill-speciﬁc advocacy information, and real-time constituent sentiment and comments. For more information, visit: www.popvox.com
They've Got Your Backers in Entrepreneur Magazine
(For media inquiries, please contact Marci Harris, POPVOX’s CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Issue Spotlight: Sexual Assault in the Military
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 21, 2013
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 20, 2013
- The Week Ahead: May 20 - 25
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 17, 2013
- What to Watch in Congress - Week of May 19
- The POPVOX Top 20: May 10 - 16
- Issue Spotlight: Firearms and Gun Control
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 16, 2013
- POPVOX Daily Digest - May 15, 2013