Weekly Bill Round Up: July 20
Round Up: Week of July 16 - 20
See which bills, resolutions and treaties were the most popular among POPVOX users in our weekly round-up. Want to be a part of the POPVOXnation conversation? Please join us on Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for using POPVOX!
Top Bills of the Week
For the first time, a significant portion of activity on POPVOX was related to the United Nations, including treaties. We've displayed those in italics, below. We hope you weigh in and send a message to Congress.
- NASA #1 Doubling Funding for NASA
- S 3369 #2 The DISCLOSE Act
- HR 6079 #3 The Repeal of Obamacare Act
- HJRes 110 #4 Proposing a Constitutional Amendment relating to parental rights.
- HR 5872 #5 The Sequestration Transparency Act
- LOST #6 The Law of the Sea Treaty
- HR 1146 #7 The American Sovereignty Act
- HR 6108 #8 Reducing pay of Members of Congress who miss votes because of campaigning for election to another office.
- HR 635 #9 The Parental Title Protection Act
- S 1005 #10 The Parental Notification and Intervention Act
- S 2165 #11 The US-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act
- CRPD #12 The Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- SRes 99 #13 Expressing the sense of the Senate that the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child undermines the principles of the law in the US
- HR 2400 #14 The Religious and Parental Rights Defense Act
- S 3364 #15 The Bring Jobs Home Act
- HR 5856 #16 The Dept. of Defense Approps Act
- HR 6018 #17 The Foreign Relations Authorization Act
- S 1789 #18 The 21st Century Postal Service Act
- SJRes 42 #19 A Constitutional Amendment related to parental rights.
- HR 5894 #20 The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Education and Outreach Campaign Repeal Act
Please keep in mind that highlighting a bill doesn't imply a POPVOX endorsement in any way. Rather, we're simply trying to offer one more way to stay informed of an overwhelmingly complex legislative system.