Issue Spotlight: Veterinary Day
April 28 is Veterinary Day, according to the World Veterinary Association. In honor of veterinarians, we've compiled some bills currently before Congress relating to veterinary medicine. The POPVOX team hopes you'll take the opportunity to weigh in on these bills on POPVOX and share with your friends and networks.
Issue Spotlight: Veterinary Medicine
- S 1053 The Veterinary Services Investment Act establishes a grant program to promote efforts to develop, implement, and sustain veterinary services.
- HR 1406 The Fairness to Pet Owners Act provides pet owners the ability to receive a copy of veterinary prescriptions.
- S 518 The Veterinary Medicine Loan Repayment Program Enhancement Act amends the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide for an exclusion for assistance provided to participants in certain veterinary student loan repayment or forgiveness programs.
- HR 525 The Veterinary Public Health Amendments Act amends the Public Health Service Act to enhance and increase the number of veterinarians trained in veterinary public health.
- HR 3886 The Wildlife Veterinarians Employment and Training Act (Wildlife VET Act) expands the workforce of veterinarians specialized in the care and conservation of wild animals and their ecosystems, and to develop educational programs focused on wildlife and zoological veterinary medicine.
- HR 4103 The Canine Members of the Armed Forces Act (and S 2134) provides for certain requirements relating to the retirement, adoption, care, and recognition of military working dogs.
Please keep in mind that highlighting a bill doesn't imply a POPVOX endorsement in any way. Rather, we're simply trying to offer one more way to stay informed of an overwhelmingly complex legislative system.