Weekly Bill Round Up: June 15
Round Up: Week of June 11 - 15
Top Bills of the Week on POPVOX
Here's what POPVOXnation weighed in on this week.
- S 3240 #1 - Agriculture Reform, Food and Jobs Act (the Farm Bill)
- SCRes 44 #2 - The federal budget resolution for FY 2013
- HCRes 127 #3 - Preserving and advancing the multistakeholder governance model for the Internet
- S 1789 #4 - 21st Century Postal Service Act
- HR 10 #5 - REINS Act (Regulations from the Executive in Need of Scrutiny Act
- HR 5936 #6 - The Civil Liberties Act
- HR 1146 #7 - American Sovereignty Restoration Act
- HRes 57 #8 - Expressing that the UN shall not be allowed to exercise control over the Internet.
- HR 3594 #9 - Second Amendment Protection Act
- SRes 446 #10 - Expressing that the UN shall not be allowed to exercise control over the Internet.
- S 1108 #11 - 10 Million Solar Roofs Act
- HR 436 #12 - Health Care Cost Reduction Act
- HR 5882 #13 - Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2013
- HRes 683 #14 - Expressing regret for laws that adversely affected the Chinese in the US, including the Chinese Exclusion Act
- SRes 99 #15 - Expressing the sense of the Senate that the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child undermines principles of law in the US
- LOST #16 - The Law of the Sea Treaty (LOST)
- HR 2059 #17 - Prohibits funding to the UN Population Fund
- HR 4170 #18 - Student Loan Forgiveness Act
- S 2230 #19 - Paying a Fair Share Act
- S 2188 #20 - National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act
Please keep in mind that highlighting a bill doesn't imply a POPVOX endorsement in any way. Rather, we're simply trying to offer one more way to stay informed of an overwhelmingly complex legislative system.