POPVOX evening update
On Monday, September 10, 2012, the House passed the following bills:
- HR406to amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to permit candidates for election for Federal office to designate an individual who will be authorized to disburse funds of the authorized campaign committees of the candidate in the event of the death of the candidate.
- H.R. 2139 the Lions Club International Century of Service Commemorative Coin Act.
- H.R. 2489 the American Battlefield Protection Program Amendments Act.
- H.R. 2706 the Billfish Conservation Act.
- H.R. 3397 the Cabin Fee Act.
- H.R. 6007 the North Texas Zebra Mussel Barrier Act.
- H.R. 6122 to revise the authority of the Librarian of Congress to accept gifts and bequests on behalf of the Library.
- H.R. 6186 to require a study of voluntary community-based flood insurance options and how such options could be incorporated into the national flood insurance program.
- H.R. 6336 to direct the Joint Committee on the Library to accept a statue depicting Frederick Douglass from the District of Columbia and to provide for the permanent display of the statue in Emancipation Hall of the Capitol Visitor Center.
- H.C.Res. 132 providing funding to ensure the printing and production of the authorized number of copies of the revised and updated version of the House document entitled "Hispanic Americans in Congress".