Issue Spotlight: National HIV Testing Day
Today, June 27, is National HIV Testing Day. The day was first established in 1995, and its implementation is led by the National Association of People with AIDS.
POPVOX has compiled these bills related to HIV/AIDS. Please weigh in and share with your friends and networks.
Commemorating National HIV Testing Day
- HCR 123 recognizes the potential for the virtual elimination of pediatric HIV and AIDS and keeping HIV positive mothers alive.
- HR 6006 The Early Treatment for HIV Act permits States to provide Medicaid coverage for low-income individuals infected with HIV.
- HR 4470 The Routine HIV Screening Coverage Act requires individual and group health insurance coverage and group health plans and Federal employees health benefit plans to provide coverage for routine HIV screening.
- S 1138 The Prize Fund for HIV/AIDS Act de-links research and development incentives from drug prices for new medicines to treat HIV/AIDS and to stimulate greater sharing of scientific knowledge.
- HR 3547 The Stop AIDS in Prison Act provides for an effective HIV/AIDS program in Federal prisons.
- HR 1462 The National Black Clergy for the Elimination of HIV/AIDS Act (and S 795) addresses HIV/AIDS in the African-American community.
- HR 1774 The Increasing Access to Voluntary Screening for HIV/AIDS and STIs Act provides for an evidence-based strategy for voluntary screening for HIV/AIDS and other common sexually transmitted infections.
- HRes 334 supports the goals and ideals of National HIV Testing Day.
- HRes 265 supports the goals and ideals of National Asian and Pacific Islander HIV/AIDS Awareness Day.
- HR 3053 The REPEAL HIV Discrimination Act eliminates discrimination in the law for those who have tested positive for HIV.
Please keep in mind that highlighting a bill doesn't imply a POPVOX endorsement in any way. Rather, we're simply trying to offer one more way to stay informed of an overwhelmingly complex legislative system.