POPVOX Evening Update: September 13, 2012
On Thursday, September 13, 2012, Congress passed the following bills:
- HJRes 117 Continuing resolution: This bill will fund the government until March 2013. The Senate will take up this bill next week.
- HRes775 offering condolences for the August shooting at the Sikh temple in Wisconsin: This bill was sponsored by GOP vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan (R-Wis.)
- HR 1775The Stolen Valor Act Reauthorization Act: This bill makes it a crime to lie about military service and receive a financial benefit because of that lie.
- HR 6365 The National Security and Job Protection Act: This bill would would require the Obama administration to develop a plan to replace defense cuts under the sequester.
- S 3245 A bill to extend the E-Verify program for three years. The bill now goes to the President for his signature.